A brief overview
Here are few things to remember before you come to Sicily:
- -Take a pair of training shoes with you. You never know if you'll be climbing a volcano or more simply shop the whole day long. Comfy shoes are important!
- -Bring a sweater. Even during the hottest days some towns uphill can be chilly during the evening
- -Learn some basics Italian words. Not everyone speaks English here, even if Sicilians usually find a way to comunicate even without words, some essentials are suggested. Check some Sicilian words here!
- -If you hire a car, hire a small one. Sicilian roads can be small and narrow.
- -Look both ways each time you cross the road. Sicilian drivers are very ... ehm... passionate. So always expect the unexpected, whether you are on foot or driving a car.
- -Don't get on a diet before you come to Sicily. Do it when you go back home
- -Plan the distance in your trip. Consider that driving from one side to the other of the island takes more or less 4 hours...
- -Enjoy the Sicilian way of life. Don't excpect everyone to be perfectly on time, and understand the "siesta" closing time. Once you get it and live it you'll be much more relaxed... like us Sicilians